On a plateau
The latest quarterly economic report by SG CIB Cross Asset Research
For institutional investors only
SG CIB Cross Asset Research has published its quarterly Global Economic Outlook - "On a plateau" a flagship economics publication written by the team of Michala Marcussen, Global Head of Economics.
Consensus catching up to our view of softer US growth…and inflation, Beware China’s nominal growth slowdown, Brexit to bite in 2018, ECB to act earlier, but at a slower pace, watch the below briefing video by Michala Marcussen, Global Head of Economics within SG CIB Cross Asset Research
ANCHOR THEMES OF THIS REPORT:
- Global cycle entering mature phase ... leverage holds the key
- Trumpflation insufficient to offset for fading Xiflation
- Continued expansion in trade but at more moderate pace
- European policy uncertainty to remain elevated
- Phillips curve (relationship between unemployment & inflation) works, but parameters have shifted
- r-star (neutral real interest rate) to remain low
Access all reports on www.sgmarkets.com (access restricted to SG CIB clients).