Positive Impact Finance
Longstanding commitment to positive impact finance
Positive Impact Finance aims to deliver a positive contribution to one or more of the three pillars of sustainable development (economic, environmental and social), once any potential negative impact has been duly identified and mitigated.
Leading Player in Positive Impact Finance
- SG CIB has been reporting on Positive Impact Finance transactions since 2012 and the number of transactions is rising steadily
- Over the period from 2012 to 2017 the number of Positive Impact Finance transactions was multiplied by 4,4
- In 2017, Positive Impact Finance transactions amounted to €2,726 M (versus €2,244 in 2016)
- In 2015 and 2016, SG CIB successfully issued two vanilla positive impact bonds to fund renewable energy projects in order to contribute to the fight against climate change
SG CIB’s positive impact finance transactions
Commitments to fight climate change
- €100 billion contribution to the financing of the erngy transition between 2016 and 2020
- Strenghtening the environmental and social (E&S) sectoral and gas policy
- Disengagement from oil stands anywhere in the world from Arctic oil
- Reinforcing Societe Generale standards regarding repsect of the indigenous populations' rights
- 25% reduction in CO2 emissions per employee by 2020
- Driving fore in the sustainable and low carbon development of Africa
Views on #PositiveImpactFinance and #Sustainability
Feature interview with Pierre Palmieri by Michèle Hénaff, published in La revue Analyse financière (Financial Analysis...
An editorial from Pierre Palmieri, Global Head of Finance and Sponsor of the “Sustainable and Positive Impact Finance”...
Jonathan Weinberger, Societe Generale’s Head of Debt Capital Markets for the Americas, recently joined a panel of...
Germany's fiber optic network is one of the least developed in Europe. Experts from Societe Generale explain why and...
Sustainability and the fight against climate change have become mainstream values in a positive sense – both in...
Big Success of the Second Sovereign Green Bond Issuance aimed at financing environmental projects in Poland
Germany accelerates growth of its fibre network with 300,000 additional homes to be connected.
When LBBW, the German landesbank, launched a EUR750 million 4-year Climate Bond late in 2017, it broke new ground for...
The Ras Ghareb wind farm will lead the trend of renewable projects in Egypt